Escape the cold and enjoy a long stay at Coolum at the Beach this Winter! The weather on the Sunshine Coast generally is warm and dry during the Winter months with the average day temperature being 20-21 degrees Celsius. The year round warm sea water temperature ranges from 20 - 22 degrees Celsius which makes water activities a good option throughout Winter.
A longer stay in Coolum not only takes you away from the chilly Winters in the south of Australia and New Zealand, but are also the ideal time to partake in all types of activities that are uncomfortable during the hot humid Summers.
Winter Activities in Coolum
1. Learn to surf in the gentle waves of Coolum Beach. Put on a wetsuit to retain your warmth and learn to surf when the waves are generally a lot gentler during the Winter months. Get your confidence up in the small waves before you tackle some of the bigger surf that we experience during the Summer period. Ask about surfing lessons at our Tour Desk or see our Things to Do Page on our website.
2. Take some long walks along the coastal path, the boardwalk or along the long stretch of sandy beach at Coolum. Explore Coolum's other beaches and grassy headlands at Point Arkwright, First Bay, Point Perry, Second Bay, Third Bay and Yaroomba Beach. For more or a challenge try the challenging walk up Mount Coolum. Once you reach the top of this volcanic dome you are rewarded with spectacular 360 degree views of the Sunshine Coast to the north, south and out to the Sunshine Coast Hinterland.
3. Winter is Whale Season on the Sunshine Coast and you catch a glimpse of these gentle giants of the ocean from several lookout points in Coolum, or get up close and personal with them on a Whale Watching cruise. For more information visit our Tour Desk.
4. Get out to the Eumundi Markets, that take place every Wednesday and Saturday. Winter is a great time to explore arguably Queensland's best arts and crafts markets, when there are less crowds and you can take your time strolling around the markets that are sprawled right through the town of Eumundi.
5. Head out on a day trip to the Sunshine Coast Hinterland and explore the arty and foodie villages of Maleny and Montville. The Sunshine Coast Hinterlan consist mainly of lush green farmlands and the region is rich with skilled artisans. The arts and crafts in both villages are an art lover’s delight. Stop at Maleny Dairies, Maleny Cheese Factory and sample locally produced delicacies or visit some of the wineries and breweries that are renowned in the area.
6. Have a shopping day browsing the trendy boutiques, souvenir shops, art galleries and surf stores in the very upmarket Hastings Street in Noosa. It's only a 28 Km drive to this resort town that has a vibrant upbeat vibe and many beautiful beaches and national parks to explore.
If you have enjoyed a mid-year migration with us before, you will know the simple beauty of a Coolum at the Beach winter. We welcome large numbers of return guests annually… many of whom have forged fabulous friendships and look forward to catching up and spending their days reading by the pool, strolling the sandy shores, dipping in the ocean and sipping a morning coffee with a world-class view.
At Coolum at the Beach, the resort atmosphere is social, warm and welcoming, with plenty of outdoor entertainment areas, a selection of inviting swimming pools and, of course, comfortable, well-appointed and spacious accommodation – all with large balconies from which to enjoy the balmy winter sun and the sound of the sea.
As our return guests know, every convenience is catered for when you stay with Coolum at the Beach. Our fully self-contained apartments and villas are air-conditioned/heated, with a flat screen television (with Austar) set in a comfortable lounge room, and all feature full sized kitchens in which to prepare your own meals.
If you are looking to venture out, Coolum boasts an array of quality, locally-owned restaurants and cafes, many of which offer a range of dining specials during winter! The Coolum Beach Hotel offers a range of daily specials and seniors discounts, while popular nearby cafes serve fresh, delicious favourites made with local produce and plenty of love.
Book your Winter Migration with us here today! BOOK NOW