Mooloolaba Triathlon Festival – Ironman
Event Date: 15 to 17 March 2019
When: 15 to 17 March, 2019
March is a lovely time of the year at Coolum with plenty of sunshine, lots of hot weather and long lazy days spent lying on the beach and swimming in the refreshing surf. So if you are heading here for the Mooloolaba Triathlon Festival on the weekend of 15th to 17th March, be sure to book your accommodation early, so you don’t miss out on this fabulous weekend of ironman competition and excitement.
The Sunshine Coast hosts lots of sports events, but the Mooloolaba Triathlon is one of the best and has been a feature on the Triathlon calendar for more than 20 years. This is an Olympic distance triathlon, so it is one of the most gruelling and challenging events of the year.
Thousands of elite athletes will descend on Coolum and Mooloolaba for this exciting event, in fact it is a series of events spread over the entire weekend:
- The ASICS Mooloolaba Twilight 5km run: One of the best 5km road races in Australia, this run attracts both elite athletes and families who simply participate to enjoy a 5km leisurely walk, rather than a competitive race.
- A 1km ocean swim: Join some of the top triathlon athletes on this modified course situated in the ocean just off Mooloolaba beach and pit yourself against some of Australia’s greats.
- A Superkidz Triathlon: Only for kids aged 7-13 years old, all competitors receive a medallion and an official Triathlon singlet. There is a 100m swim for those aged 7-10 years, a 1km cycle and a 500m run. For those aged 11-13 years of age there is a 200m swim, a 3km cycle and a 1kn run to finish.
- Special Tri: Designed specifically for athletes with special needs, this triathlon has a focus on fun and enjoyment, rather than competitiveness.
- The Mooloolaba Triathlon: Open to everyone, this race is composed of a 1.5km swim, a 40km cycle and a 10km run – only the best survive this race, so lace up your running shoes, grab your bike and slap on the sunscreen for the race of your life.
- The ITU Triathlon World Cup: For elite triathletes only with a 750m swim, 20km bike and 5km run.
- Mooloolaba Sport & Lifestyle Expo: Open to the public for all of your sport and lifestyle needs.
It doesn’t matter whether you want to enter the triathlon events, watch your family and friends compete or simply spend a lovely weekend away from the hustle and bustle of work, there is plenty to do and see here on this fabulous March weekend of the Mooloolaba Triathlon. So be sure to book your Sunshine Coast accommodation early or you might miss out on one of the best triathlon sports events of the year. BOOK NOW